“2017 BEAT Award Winners”
Recipients Will Roberson Sr. and Brianna Scott Grissom
Muskegon, MI (November 26, 2017) – WUVS 103.7 the Beat is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2017 BEAT Awards. These awards provide the highest honors and the Best in Education, Achievement and Talent.
The BEAT Awards Winners are:
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Best Educator— Angela Johnson
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Youth Student of the Year—Darius Williams
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Best Mentor—Candy McGruther
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Best Business— Amber Riley Cosmetology
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Male Trailblazer—Brandon Davis
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Female Trailblazer—Earvean Diggs
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Extraordinary Transplant—William Rule Jr.
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Best Performer: Entertainer/Music—Ashley Hughes
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Most Distinguished Gentlemen—Will Roberson Sr.
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Most Sophisticated Lady—Brianna Scott-Grissom
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Extraordinary Couple—Mr. & Mrs. Duane Bennett
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Best Pastor—John Williams Sr.
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Extraordinary Parents—Mr. & Mrs. Howard & Frances Ross
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Best Student Athlete—Willie Bo Shanks
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Best Greek Organization—Sigma Lambda Gamma
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Entertainment: Social Media—Marcus Holmes
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Best Barbershop—Fancy Yancey’s
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Best Beauty Shop—Hair by DVG
- 2017 B.E.A.T Award Entertainment: Spoken Words Actor/Actress- Jacqueline Passionate Poet
- Special Recognition: 2017 Glen D Chapman Memorial Award—PL12
The award winners were announced during an awards ceremony hosted by Actor Rob C Riley at the 2017 B.E.A.T Awards in Muskegon, MI on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
The BEAT Awards promote merit in education, achievement and talent by recognizing individuals and businesses who have inspired and made extraordinary contributions to the community and others. It showcases a range of talent and achievements. Award winners serve as inspirational leaders, they exemplify the highest standards and they embody the core values of serving others. Recipients in their categories were recognized during the annual banquet with trophies and recognized over the airwaves.
The BEAT Awards mission is to recognize achievements in various categories for people of all walks of life. Winners of the awards were determined by leaders, students, peers and everyday citizens of the community actively nominating and voting over a course of 4 weeks by telephone and online.
The Annual BEAT Awards was the most competitive in its history, with the highest number of submissions to date and a distinguished 19 categories and a special recognition award assembled by staff and community suggestions. With submissions arriving from not only the city of Muskegon, but several cities across the United States, the BEAT Awards remains a staple in the community that helps unite and celebrate one another. Congratulations to this year’s award winners and a special thanks to the sponsors; Mercy Health, Muskegon Community College, Celebration Cinema, DTE Energy, United Way and Arconic, who were able to help make this event possible and impact the community this year and years to come. The BEAT Awards was produced by Jon Covington. The Show will air on Comcast Cable throughout the State of Michigan at a later date.
For more information about the BEAT Awards, please visit www.beatawards.com
WUVSlp 103.7 the Beat/West Michigan Community Help Network(WMCHN); (WMCHN) is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization created in 2000 offering a variety of programs that serve community members of every age and background. We focus on leadership, education and community development. In 2001 the WMCHN was given the green light to operate a new urban, educational station (WUVS-LP 103.7 the Beat) for the Muskegon area. We play a variety of music including R&B, Gospel, Jazz, Oldies, Hip Hop, Reggae and Blues. The Beat is committed to an educational and entertaining family oriented format. We play music that is non-degrading and non-violent, but music that is inspirational, educational with a positive and powerful message.
Program Director for 103.7 the Beat